Sunday 13 June 2010

Sketchy Thursday -Grow

I love using sketches and one of my favourite places to find a sketch is Sketchy Thursdays, it's a great place for inspiration with a great design team.This sketch is for July Guest Design Team Challenge,I really like this sketch and knew straight away what photo and papers I wanted to use with it.


Here's what I've done with the sketch:  


The papers I used were from The Girls Paperie- Paper Girl range which are right up my street with their pretty vintage look,it's not very often I buy the same papers twice but I will be with these.
I made a tear in one of the strips and put a piece of lace behind it and then got the sewing machine out to do lots of sewing. 


I knew I wanted to use the Jenni Bowlin 'GROW' Bingo card with the photo I was using, it's a photo of Paige when she was 1 year old and had just learnt to walk,she's now nearly 15 years old.They grow up so quickly and she has grown into a beautiful young lady who I'm proud to call my daughter.

TFL
xxxxDebxxxx

11 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

So cute! Love the pic and the page!! :)

Lisa said...

such a lovely page. i love all the extra little bits and pieces you add in making your pages so interesting to look at - there is always so much to discover - lovely!

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! great take on the sketch! I love your combo of papers, and the flower, button and pin detail is juat amazing!! Hugs Juls

paylin said...

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and for your comments on my blog. You have a lovely blog here too....

Enjoy your weekend
Happy Crafting
^_^

Jackie xxx said...

WOW - this is just lovely. Love how you have done all the stitching and used the lace.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous LO deb, as always,. i think i neeeeed those papers now!

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful LO. Your eye for detail is stunning.

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

Wow! I followed your link from Sketchy Thursdays checking out the entries for the July Guest Design Team Challenge before I started working on my own page, but now I am not sure I should even bother entering :) Your page is amazingly beautiful. I will definitely be bookmarking your blog!

Amanda Sevall said...

Beautiful!!! What a gorgeous layout!!!

heidi said...

beautiful! i love every detail!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee the photo and all that stitching!! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...