Sunday 4 December 2011

12 Tags of Christmas.....tag #4

O.K., so this is my second post of the day as I wanted to be up to date with 12 Tags of Christmas and today is tag #4.


I inked the tag with Distress Stains as shown by Tim Holtz's post today, I then stamped the tag with a pine fir stamp in white ink and the Joyeux Noel from Inspired by Stamping. I cut the tree out of grunge paper using TH Pine Tree, painted with white paint then added a thick layer of Rock Candy Crackle Paint when that was dry I dabbed on some Bundled Sage Distress Stain, drying with an heat gun to set the colour into the crackle, I added some Rock Crackle Stickles for a snowy, icy effect. The finishing touch were some buttons, a tulle bow and a snowflake charm.
Now for something completely different, as some of you know, I took up crochet this year and I am really enjoying it, I can sit with my family on these cold winter evenings, watching T.V. but still be doing something creative. I've also found some fab crochet blogs along the way, including this one called Stocki. When I was reading Jill's blog last week she had come up with an idea called Beautiful Blogger Blanket 2012.

The idea is to make a square, any size, any pattern and send it to Jill who will put them together to make a gorgeous, unique blanket and one lucky recipient who takes part will win the blanket. You can make more than one and each square you send will be one entry to the draw so the more you make the better the chance of winning. There are a few simple rules such as the yarn as to be 100% cotton but you can find the full details and why she's decided to do it, here. This is open for everyone and I hope all you crocheters out there will join in the fun if you can but maybe if you've always fancied having a go at crochet this might be the kickstart you need, Stocki has some helpful links to help us along, it can be the simplest square to something more intricate
I hope you've all had a good weekend, our day in London was great fun with lots shopping and plenty laughs but will tell you more tomorrow.

xxxxDebxxxx

17 comments:

Cenee' Herrmann said...

All of your work is so lovely!

Lisa said...

your tags are so gorgeous. will you be using them on cards or presents? Maybe I should have joined in on that - I'm not doing anything daily this Dec ;-(

Roxy said...

Stunning! You're so brave doing all these tags, I will try to keep up with viewing them all! Hugs, Roxy.

Stella said...

Des this is out of this world beautiful; I loved the other tags too ( trying to get back to post some comments...sorry for not being here...) but this one...WOW!
Tim is warned; there is someone around who you could call a runner up.... !!!!
StellaXXX

Sandra said...

Wow! This is gorgeous. Love that you used the pine tree instead!

zaya00 said...

wow ! your tag is gorgeous!!

Stocki said...

Debs thanks so much for your lovely comments about the Beautiful Blogger Blanket! I can't wait to get it started. Your tag is beautiful :)x

Julie J said...

I bought myself a new crochet hook this week - hoping to make a mini christmas tee and some gold fir cones for the big tree. Hope you had a good time in London - we missed your little challenge sheet at the crop (oh and you too of course!)

farmhouse-story said...

such a pretty tag, deb:) the blanket will be amazing--great idea!

Jess said...

I love your pine themed take on the tag! We are having some snow right now that looks just like this.

Stefanie said...

Lovely tag, Deb :O). I've always wanted to make my own Christmas tags, but w/knitting and the girls. No way. Maybe next year but I'd have to be super organized to know who'd need one, etc.

Lynnda said...

very sweet blue tag Deb... hugs...xoxo

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely tag with lovely soft blue, love it!

Juls said...

butiful! I love the soft snowy feel and your fabulous button detail! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

I am in LOVE with this tag.. It is beautiful. The soft blue look wonderful.. So how many squares are you going to crochet and send in!!

Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Another great looking tag, love that fabulous pine tree! And your soft background is amazing! Ira x

Susanne said...

Pretty pretty tag!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...