Thursday 1 December 2011

Scrapbookers Anonymous December Challenge...............

How exciting, only 24 days left until Christmas, our Christmas tree went up last Saturday and this Saturday my girls and I are off to London to do some Christmas shopping, I love this time of year. The challenge this month at Scrapbookers Anonymous is very seasonal, we are asking you to make a holiday themed creation using at least one tag and some glitter.
I started by making the tag.


Firstly, I stamped and heat embossed the small snowflakes stamp from the Inspired by Stamping 'Winter Wonderland' set with white embossing powder and distressed the tag in 3 different colour blues using Tim Holtz Distress inks starting with the lightest first ,I wiped over the tag with a tissue to get rid of any excess ink on the the snowflakes, I covered the edge of the tag with silver glass glitter.
The snowman is diecut from glitter funky foam using the Tim Holtz Winter Wonder die, I distressed the edge with TH Antique Linen,adding a red ribbon scarf, carrot nose and hat.The Noel signpost is made using 'Beautiful Ovals' and 'Christmas Grettings' stamp sets also Inspired by Stamping, I punched the fence out with a Martha Stewart punch and added some more glitter. Lastly adding the seambinding, jingle bell and flower.
I used the tag to make a Christmas card.


I hope you'll join us this month and I look forward to seeing all those glittery tags !!!!! It's the start of Tim Holtz '12 Tags of Christmas ' 2011 today so I'll be making tags for the next couple of weeks !!!!

Happy Crafting !!!!!
xxxxDebxxxx

15 comments:

Ros said...

Oh so gorgeous Debs ... Enjoy your day in London ... how I wish I had a daughter to go with ...

jacirascrap said...

Oh...um boneco de neve super divertido com seu olhar ao longe!!! E ainda um pequeno sino acima! muito belo!!

Unknown said...

Isn't your snowman the cutest? Love how you embellished him, your tag is gorgeous. Have a great time in London with your girls, but I know you will ;-) Ira x

farmhouse-story said...

love this, deb! esp. the glass glitter on the edges of the tag!

Stefanie said...

Absolutely phenomenal!

Theresa said...

I know I've said it already, but this is simply stunning.. love it!!!! so many details. you are the card master. If only I was so good at pulling that type of thing off.. =) My tree is up too and shopping is almost done.. a few small details and my hubby. he's so hard to buy for. oh. and i'm doing some tags too.. love the 12 tags of Christmas..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL! I love love love the snowman and bell!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love glitters, I love tags, and I so love your beautiful creation for the holiday!!!! Have fun in London!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So adorable Deb! Love the snowman and beautiful border! So much detail to take in! Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

How fun to go shopping in London.. You lucky girl you!! Your tag and looks amazing..

Hugs, Linda

Sue Althouse said...

Lovely tag that looks fantastic against the red background!

Juls said...

this is gorgeous!!! Love the sparkly snowman!! and that ribbon is just fantabulous!!!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

Aww! This soooo cute! I love all your details! gorgeous! Hugs, J

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Card with tag!!! I love the snowman.... beautiful... hugs..xoxo

Lisa said...

*sigh* such talent :-)

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...