Tuesday 10 July 2012

One a Day..........Tuesday's Tallies.



Hello my Lovelies, well we had three sunny days in a row, here in the U.K. and now the rain is back with a vengeance, perfect for snuggling up with some crochet.
Yay, Carole from Gingerbread Girl blog is back with One a Day, Tuesday's Tallies, since it stopped so did my Springtime Throw, but now it's up and running again I'm back on it, it was the kick up the bum I needed, you can find the pattern in Cute & Easy Crochet by Nicki Trench. The squares are only tiny so don't take long to make, I've got 21 finished this week but I have got a few projects on the go so if I can get 3 squares done a day, I will be happy with that.



Once I get enough squares I've started making up the blanket by double crocheting the squares together horizontally so it's not such a mammoth task at the end, you never know I might get it finished for next Spring  !!!
I'm also knitting this cable bolero for my little niece, from the Sirdar Tiny White Whispers pattern book, the Snuggly White Whispers DK was a bargain from Hobby Craft at just £1 per 50g ball, the colour is called Whisper of Mint.  I'm on the home run now with just the two front edge borders to finish off so I should be able to show you it next week with her wearing it.


I'm also waiting for some yarn to make some wellie toppers for my girls who are off to V festival this summer and the way the weather is at the moment, they won't be taking their wellies off !!!!
Thanks for looking, I'm off now to see how everyone else is getting on with their One a Days.

xxxxDebxxx

16 comments:

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Hi Deb, I'm SO pleased you're back with that gorgeous throw - I have that book and have been fancying those cute squares and seeing yours always makes it look so very tempting - I will be watching with interest as you carry on.

The bolero looks lovely too - what's the pattern?
x

Candace said...

Looks lovely. Im making mine with amy butler and its been put on the back burner for a while as it was getting boring doing the same little square over and over.

Really need a big push to get some of these projects finished

Love the colour of your neices top

Anonymous said...

Your squares are so cute & you always choose such pretty colours. I love the bolaro, I can't wait till my knitting skills improve so I can make something beautiful like you have.

Wool Diaries said...

What absolutely beautiful WIP's. I really want to make that blanket as well but the thought of all those little squares, but thats a very good idea to join them once you have enough.

Stella said...

Your crocheting and knitting projects are just as gorgeous as your cards and LO's. Sweet soft colors and the pattern of the boloro you are knitting is beautiful.
XX

Mlissabeth said...

I like how you chose to join the squares. The look really good together.

Stefanie said...

Hooray! You're fiber crafting again!
Such delicious squares of pretty colors those are. And that bolero? Way cute.

Tangled Sweetpea said...

I love that throw! The colours are so pretty, it's going to look gorgeous when complete!
Victoria xx

HillyT said...

I always admire the subtlety of your colour choices, this is no exception, just lovely.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo beautiful!! I loveeee the colors!!!

Martha Herrera said...

Your projects are so lovely. I enjoy looking at them! Thank you for sharing.

Micki Stuart said...

Beautiful throw, the colors work so well together, its going to look fabulous when its done. Love the wee bolero, so cute. Well done on starting up your one a day again :-) xx

Unknown said...

Such a lovely throw Deb, pretty colours! And that bolero is super adorable! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful work Deb ... you are really going to need that throw in a few months ... if not sooner!

DawnKathleen said...

Love the suitcase for cards! Beautiful!

Jak said...

Love the colours in the blanket, gorgeous! What wool are you using? x

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...