Friday 28 December 2012

FO Friday........My Secret Project Revealed.



Hello there, I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas, we all had a great few days but will share that in a separate post.
I'm back today with the secret project I started in November but couldn't reveal as it was a Christmas present for my friend Kerry.It was a crochet snowflake cushion, I was so pleased with how it turned out.


I saw that  Heidi was making some gorgeous snowflake hexagons on her blog and knew Kerry would absolutely love them, she loves anything with snowflakes on. I also wanted to make squares rather than hexagons as I was making a square cushion..
I started to look on the internet and found this pattern on Ebay called Snowfire 'snowflake', I used Rowan Cashsoft 4ply in cream and brown.


I crocheted 9 squares and joined them together using double crochet, then to get the right size for the cushion pad, I double crocheted around the squares until it measured 40cm squared.

This is the photo she sent me when she opened it Christmas morning, I think she was pleased with it, she says she can't stop looking at it.

Thanks for stopping by, check out all the other FO's, this week over at Tami's blog.


Have a great weekend.
xxxxDebxxxx

19 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Deb,

I am gobsmacked, you cushion is beautiful, stunning and the pattern is gorgeous. I love the colours, the white snowflake against the brown is fabulous. Thank you so much for the links.
luv
irene
xxxx

Michelle said...

It's beautiful! Your friend is lucky to have it!

Ginx Craft said...

Your cushion is really beautiful. What a lucky friend.

Kashi said...

Beautiful!

Juls said...

thats gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Stefanie said...

This is an exceptional pillow, Deb! I think of gingerbread cookies with a white, iced snowflake right in the middle. What a great gift this is for someone who especially lives in the snow.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh wow Deb!! This is GORGEOUS!!!!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Wow that's pretty! Lucky friend!

Unknown said...

WOW! what a beautiful pillow. You are so good with the crochet hook my friend.. I bet your friend loved it.

Hugs~

Babajeza said...

Brown and white looks beautiful! And the pattern is gorgious too. Happy weekend! Regula

thesnailgarden said...

Beautiful! Your friend is very lucky to receive such a gorgeous handmade gift. I hope that you and your family are having a wonderful festive season. Wishing you all a very happy new year, Pj x

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Deb! This pillow is gorgeous! I love those beautiful snowflakes! I admire your stitching ~ something I never took on but love the finished projects! Happy New Year!

Stocki said...

Hi Deb... I love the cushion... absolutely gorgeous pattern and colours :) x

Evelyn said...

Simply gorgeous!!!

Terra said...

Dear Debby,
this cushion is sooo cute, so lovely! Congrats for chosing these colours and pretty pattern! And yes, I love this pattern at Heidis too.
Wish you a hopeful and healthy (!) New Year! Health most of all! Greetings from Germany. Sabine.

Jazz said...

Lovely cushion!

Happy Holidays!

Sue Lelli said...

WOW, Deb! Your friend is so LUCKY! The snowflakes are just brilliant! LOVE this pillow and I'm sure she does, too!

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous!! Reminds me of cold days and chocolate by the fire ... yum!

Heidi Kuijer said...

Oh Deb...it turned out so beautiful! I love the colors you used for it. I am sure your friend must love it. Actually...if she doesn't (wink)...I will come get it since it matches my couches just perfectly. Lol!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...