Friday 30 August 2013

FO Friday.............French Cancan Shawl.


Hello there, my friends, I'm back today to show you my French Cancan Shawl all finished and blocked.


I'm extremely pleased with how it's turned out, I love the pattern, the cable border and the feel of the shawl around my shoulders.


I've recently purchased these clips for all these shawls I've been knitting, lately, they are from an Etsy shop called Tix Trinkets, and they just clip either side of the shawl edge and keeps the shawl in place.


I used 5 balls of Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk Aran which is so soft and feels very luxurious, it is handwash but that's ok, for how often you need to wash your shawl, it's not a problem. I use "Soak" which is a no rinse wash, so very easy to wash then dry flat.



I did end up blocking it twice, the yarn is very stretchy, when wet and I just felt as though the garter stitch was too open so it went back in the sink and soaked again. The second time I just laid it out flat and gently opened up the cable stitch by hand, rather than pinning it. I much prefer how it's turned out after the second soak, I could of used it the first time as a blanket!!!

Check out some other FO over at Tami's blog.



I will be starting another shawl on the 1st September but I will tell you more about that on Wednesday. Have a great weekend.
xxxxDebxxxx


16 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo gorgeous!! Loveeeeeee it!!

Unknown said...

The shawl is beautiful! The colour, the pattern, I bet you're actually looking forward to cooler temps! ;-) Chrissie x

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Mmmm cashmere! Sounds wonderful. I love that cable that runs across the bottom - really makes the edge!

Unknown said...

wow this is an amazing shawl, I love the colour and it looks so soft. Have a creative weekend xx

moleymakes said...

Fabulous Deb. It turned out so beautiful.

Hope you have a super weekend x

Anonymous said...

Your shawl is beautiful! I love the shawl clip. What a great way to close a shawl.

Ros Crawford said...

That's so lovely and I love the clips too ... beautiful work!

wynette vass said...

What a beautiful shawl! I love the clip.

Jazz said...

Awesome shawl, love the color.

Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminada-alicia/

Ginx Craft said...

Very pretty shawl, and you have presented it in such a beautiful way.

Unknown said...

I LOVE it.. Your work is awesome my friend.

Hugs~

Stefanie said...

This is a lovely shawl. I like the crescent shaped side. I also like how this can be worn with anything.
I will check out that shop. Shawl pins seem a bit dangerous to me.

Amy said...

A beautiful shawl. I love the color you chose. I have been dreaming about making this for a while and after seeing yours I just might get started on my own. Those shawl clips are ingenious thank you for sharing. I have been using clear mini-claws--you know the tiny ones you get for short hair--to get my shawls in place but I have wanted something prettier.

gilly said...

Deb, it's just gorgeous - is there no end to your talent? Love the colour and the pattern, and am quite envious!
Happy weekend,
xx

Candace said...

Very pretty and I absolutely adore the shade of grey/blue you have used, new wips looking good too. I've been sneaking a bit of crochrt here and there but getting nowhere fast.

Hope you and family are well x

Unknown said...

Oh wow Deb! You should be sooooooo proud of yourself! Gosh, to be able to knit such a fine garment, it's totally elegant and I'm completely smitten! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...