Wednesday 23 July 2014

Yarn Along.....Wee Envelope Jumper.


Hello my friends, how are you all? I'm back to show you what's on my needles this week. I've mainly been working on a test knit so this is all I can show you at the moment. The pattern is released at the beginning of August so will tell you more about it then.

What I can show you though is my Pebble Beach by Helen Stewart, I'm using mini skeins from Five Moons in Fade to Grey and I've reached the 40% point of the pattern. There is a Pebble Beach Knit A Long going on at the moment in the Curious Handmade Group, you've still got plenty time to join in.

After a few false starts I've nearly completed the top half of the Wee Envelope Jumper, it is an easy pattern but I think because I've never done a construction like this before and wasn't sure how it was suppose to look, I confused myself. I emailed the pattern support and got a very quick response on what I was doing wrong. After that it all made sense and if I had read the pattern properly in the first place it wouldn't have been a problem. Do you ever do that, read something but not take it in properly and knit what you think it should be? Word of advice, trust the pattern, lol!!!

What I'm reading at the moment, I've just finished Secrets of the Lighthouse by Santa Montifore and have started The Zookeepers Wife again but I'm also reading The Paris Journal by Evan Robertson and Nichole Robertson. I originally bought it on my Kindle but after flicking through it on there, I wanted the linen cover edition. It's a fabulous book full of wonderful photography, I ordered it from the US and it took less than a week to arrive to the UK!!!

I'm linking to Yarn Along, KCCO and WIP Wednesday.

It was my birthday on Friday, I was very spoilt and received some gorgeous gifts. I'm still not well so havent taken photos of everything as I just don't have the energy but wanted to share these from two of my non-crafty friends. The yarn is gorgeous and I was so touched and surprised that she'd gone out of her way to find me this luxurious skein of yarn. My other friend knows me so well too, I love the locally handmade teacup pincushion and look at the wall hanging, so special. I have the bestest friends!!!!

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your week.

xxxxDebxxxx

 

 

17 comments:

Stefanie said...

A belated Hau'oli la hanau to you. Happy to read you were spoiled. That magenta is lovely. I can't wait to see more. Totally coveting your Pebble Beach shawl. I need to finish that Afternoon Tea. I like that deep blue for your grandson's jumper.

Stefanie said...

A belated Hau'oli la hanau to you. Happy to read you were spoiled. That magenta is lovely. I can't wait to see more. Totally coveting your Pebble Beach shawl. I need to finish that Afternoon Tea. I like that deep blue for your grandson's jumper.

Unknown said...

The greys in your pebble beach are so beautiful! What a lovely looking pattern!

A very happy belated birthday to you!

Unknown said...

I feel your pain with the pattern reading! I had more than one false start with my Sun Ray Shawl. All because I thought I knew what I was doing. I kept making the same mistake over and over again. I just couldn't see where I was going wrong!

I took a breath re-read the pattern and ta-da the answer was right in front of me!

Sigh

I can't wait to see when you're making with that beautiful yarn/beads combo. A stunning pairing.

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy Birthday for last week!! I hope that you had a wonderful time. You certainly have lots of yarny projects on the go as always!! xx

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Deb! Such thoughtful gifts, and what beautiful projects on your needles, as always! I find some crochet patterns incredibly confusing, I've started reading diagrams more than written instructions - so great that you got a response to your knitting muddle so quickly! Chrissie x

Joy said...

Happy Birthday Deb - some lovely gifts you received! I do hope you are soon feeling up-to-par again. As per usual, I am so enamoured with your gorgeous works on the go but sorry you had pattern trouble. Take care and enjoy the rest of your week, xoJoy

Melissa Marie said...

I love your pictures! My favorite project your working on is the gray shawl. The colors are gorgeous! :)

fjord girl said...

I so love that shawl- beautiful color way.
Happy Birthday to you :)

Donna said...

Happy Birthday! I just love that Pebble Beach and how you are using the mini skeins. The color change is amazing.

Alisa said...

Happy Birthday to you!! I love your pebble shawl...just beautiful!!

mamasmercantile said...

A belated happy birthday and some wonderful gifts, the teacup pincushion was a delight. Love the colour of the yarn in the first photo and the pebble shawl is beautiful.

steph said...

such beautiful knits going on in your life.....that fuschia. WOW!!! gorgeous (as is the pebble shawl!) Happy belated birthday.....i love the birthdays that keep being celebrated all month long! enjoy

Sarah said...

Oh that Pebble Beach -it's incredible. As always, a visit to your blog is like an entrance to a quiet refuge and I breathe deep the peace. Gorgeous, gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday to you dear Deb! Hope you had a wonderful day! You have some lovely knits on your needles again. By the way, I've been meaning to ask you: do you have any idea how many miles/kilometres of knitwear you've made so far? ;-) Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

sally said...

Hello!

Lovely knitting, the shawl looks beautiful!
I am a fan of Santa Montefiore.
Happy belated birthday and hope you feel better soon.

Ros Crawford said...

Belated birthday wishes!! Lovely card and gifts!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...