Wednesday 27 August 2014

Yarn Along.........a wedding but not much knitting

Hello my friends, I hope you had a good weekend and if you're in the UK a good Bank Holiday. I went to a beautiful wedding on Sunday, it was my first outdoor wedding and it was perfect, the weather kept nice for them and the bride looked stunning. I will share some photos with you soon but my daughter has took my gadget to load the photos onto my iPad, on holiday with her!!!!! It was the wedding I made the invitations for, you can see them here and they gave me this beautiful bouquet of flowers at the reception.

Here I am all ready to go, my lovely friends trekked the shops of Chester with me, trying to find a little gold jacket but couldn't find what I was looking for but they'll be happy to know I found one at the local shopping centre!!!!

I've had a busy weekend so I didn't get much knitting done and what I did do I can't share just yet as it's a test knit but this is the yarn I'm using. If you want a little clue of what I'm knitting check out this Ravelry Group thread.


I've knit a few rows on my Mini Cable Jumper and now on the front. What I'm reading this week, I've just finished Fresh Doubt by Eva Hudson and haven't decided what to read next, what I have been flicking through is this little book Keep Calm and Cast on. It's a fab little book full of helpful tips and knitting quotes. I'm linking to Yarn Along, WIP Wednesday and Keep Calm, Craft On.

I have been buying yarn this week, I bought some Jamieson & Smith 2ply a 100% Shetland wool, to join in with Melody, who is running a Shwook hat KAL on her Ravelry Group. It is part of Shetland Wool Week that runs from the 4th October-12th October, you can find the free pattern on the website. I had trouble choosing these colours as there were so many gorgeous shades to chose from!!!!

Have a great week.

xxxxDebxxxx

16 comments:

thesnailgarden said...

Ooh,lucky you! You have got a sneak peak at the DKAL! I'm just itching to start it. :)
It will be interesting to see how the Jamieson's blocks. Did you buy it at unwind? I remember looking at some there. Happy knitting, Pj x

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely outfit! You look gorgeous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You look BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Reinventing Mother said...

A friend just brought me back J&S wool from the Isles themselves. Do you soak your before knitting to soften it?

steph said...

i've downloaded the swook pattern, but haven't found the right yarn yet...love your colors. wish we had more selection of J&s in the states!!!

Melissa Marie said...

I love your dress! Your yarn looks great, I love the colors! :)

fjord girl said...

Love the yarn colors you chose.
Beautiful cable sweater...swoon.

Corrabelle said...

I'm in love with your dress, your pretty pink tin, AND your knitting. You have good taste, Madam. :)

elns said...

I'm excited to see where your beginnings are going and I LOVE your dress. It looks great and you look great in it. I'm so happy you found a jacket you wanted to go with it, in time. Isn't it great when things work out like that?

gilly said...

Looking gorgeous as always - love your dress. And that looks like a whole lot of knitting to me!
Happy Thursday,! Xx

Nat at Made in Home said...

Love yur outfit! We have a wedding this weekend - I suppose it is the season! I am definitely downloading the free pattern for Shetland week, fair isle is something I have been scared of, maybe it is time to get going!

I know you have a few projects on, but you may be interested in my current giveaway - and add a shawl pattern to your list!

Unknown said...

Wowzers, love that dress you're wearing Deb, looks fabulous on you!! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Stefanie said...

You look so pretty in this dress. Classy too. I love how you pick colors.

Lynnda said...

You look absolutely stunning on that dress!!! You're one hot and sweet momma!!!! Hugs...x

Anonymous said...

leuke blog ik zag u via andere bloggers.❤

Caffeine Girl said...

You deserved those flowers. The invitations are fabulous!

You are such a goal-oriented knitter. I like to be more like that, but I tend to be a drifter!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...