Thursday 8 January 2015

Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup.....

Hello, my friends. I'm back today to share one of my concocted soup recipes, it's Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup. I don't particularly enjoy cooking but I love making homemade soups and mixing different flavours, this is a thick, warming soup with a kick, perfect for those cold, winter days.

 

Ingredients

2 onions, finely chopped

2 large sweet potatoes, cubed

6-8 carrots, sliced

1 fresh chilli (or to your acquired taste)

Garlic

1tsp chopped corriander

2tsp chopped ginger

2tsp turmeric

2 vegetable stock cubes

1 litre boiled water

Salt and Pepper

Olive oil

 

Finely chop the onions and fry in olive oil until translucent. Add the rest of the ingredients, I used a whole chilli which gave it a bit of a kick so just add a small amount to taste if you don't want it too spicy. Mix the stock cubes with the boiling water and add to the ingredients. Simmer until the vegetables are soft, leave to cool then blend until smooth, adding more boiling water if needed.

Enjoy with a slice of granary bread!

 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love cooking so thanks for this wonderful recipe Deb, I can almost smell it ;-)
Ira’s Crea Corner

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yum!!!!

Lynnda said...

Looks Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Happy New Year and big hugs...x

Paperesse said...

I love sweet potatoes and this looks delicious. Thank you for sharing.

Hope all is well with you and that the new year is starting off right.

Irma S. Glanz said...

Looks delicious!
I'll make this recipe.
Greetings from Argentina!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...