Tuesday 2 January 2018

Happy New Year........




Happy New Year, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, it goes too quick for me, I love Christmas and always have a hectic couple of days and lots of fun. I also enjoy the week between Christmas and New Year where you don't remember what day it is, you can eat Christmas pud for breakfast if you want to plus lots of knitting time.

I don't celebrate NYE but I do embrace the new year and love the feel of new beginnings. I don't make resolutions but I do like to have some sort of plan.

Do you have any knitting plans for the coming year? I want to get some WIP's finished, knit at least three garments and knit more colourwork.


I'm a big fan of advent calendars and had a few to open including yarn, tea, chocolate and beauty. I want to talk about the yarny calendars though. They were so much fun, I did a swap with my friend Dani, we'd spoke about it over a year ago and decided to make each other one with a full skein of yarn for the 25th.




We added little extra gifts in some of the days, including stitch markers, tea and I even had a gorgeous fluffy pompom. It was so much fun to put together and also open, we've both said we will definitely do it again next year.


I was also lucky enough to swap one with another friend, Sara of  Cauldron of Colours, these were all alpaca blend mini's and very soft.


Christmas Eve, I cast on my Twas the Night Before Christmas by Danielle Jorge. This is her very first pattern, I was lucky enough to test knit them and take the photos for the pattern.



It's such a fun pattern with a simple tree pattern running down the side of the leg then some potato chippy plain stockinette. It took me three days to finish them and I love them.

I used West Green Loft Yarns in Christmas Candy which was their December yarn club colourway.

Have a good week and happy knitting.
xxxxDebxxxx

1 comment:

Lulu said...

such lovely colors..love the yarn, love the socks, bag, and love the cup..

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...